STX athlete and PLL Whipsnake Goalie Kyle Bernlohr – LGR Episode 43
By Coach Damon on March 23, 2019
Kyle Bernlohr is one of the greatest goalies in the game right now.
There’s no question he owns the single best save for a goalie. My opinion of course, but given the stakes and the level of difficulty, does it get any better than this?
Bernlohr was a 2016 USILA Second Team All-America, 2016 First Team All-Big Ten, 2016 Big Ten All-Tournament Team, and 2016 Tewaaraton Award Nominee (Top-25).
After leading Maryland to the national championship, he went on to play in the MLL with Ohio Machine. He eventually jumped into the starting role and was named an MLL All Star. Finishing the latest season with a league leading .567 Save Percentage, as well as a 11.35 Goals Against Average.
Kyle is one of the newest goalies in the PLL with the Whipsnakes lacrosse club .
In this podcast we cover:
- His first taste of being a goalie
- How we learned to play goalie in Medina, OH
- His approach to making saves
- Who he learned from
- What he learned his first year at Maryland
- His favorite drills
- His goalie training regiment these days
- His approach to the mental game
- Tons of other goalie topics…
Bernlohr’s Weapon of Choice
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast