STX athlete and PLL Whipsnake Goalie Kyle Bernlohr – LGR Episode 43
Kyle Bernlohr is one of the greatest goalies in the game right now.
There’s no question he owns the single best save for a goalie. My opinion of course, but given the stakes and the level of difficulty, does it get any better than this?
Bernlohr was a 2016 USILA Second Team All-America, 2016 First Team All-Big Ten, 2016 Big Ten All-Tournament Team, and 2016 Tewaaraton Award Nominee (Top-25).
After leading Maryland to the national championship, he went on to play in the MLL with Ohio Machine. He eventually jumped into the starting role and was named an MLL All Star. Finishing the latest season with a league leading .567 Save Percentage, as well as a 11.35 Goals Against Average.
Kyle is one of the newest goalies in the PLL with the Whipsnakes lacrosse club .
In this podcast we cover:
- His first taste of being a goalie
- How we learned to play goalie in Medina, OH
- His approach to making saves
- Who he learned from
- What he learned his first year at Maryland
- His favorite drills
- His goalie training regiment these days
- His approach to the mental game
- Tons of other goalie topics…
Bernlohr’s Weapon of Choice
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.