Bottom Hand Technique With Coach Ted Bergman – LGR Podcast 46
During his college days at Wesleyan University Ted Bergman was one of the top goalies in the league earning the accolade of goalie of the year – the Ensign C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Award.
He’s now puts all his goalie knowledge to work coaching the goalies at Cleveland St.
Coming up on my 20th anniversary since I switched to the goalie position and it amazes that I still learn new things. And Ted is responsible for that.
In this amazing episode we break down the goalie position and discuss his approach to teaching the elite lacrosse goalie triad.
Among the topics covered:
- Pre game routine
- Post goal routine
- Hip Flexibility and Strength
- Bottom hand save technique
- Finish w/ a horizontal stick
- Use two hands on the drills
- Coaching overseas
- The bottom hand save technique which I first heard of when Ted gave a great webinar at Jamie Munro Lacrosse Virtual Summit.
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.