Gunnar Waldt – PLL Goalie and Bryant Alum – LGR Episode 37
Gunnar Waldt is one of the 12 elite goalies making the move to new the PLL and he joins the podcast this week to discuss his approach to this position.
At Bryant University, Gunnar was a Tewaaraton award semifinalist finishing the season 2nd in save percentage at 57%. He is Bryant all-time leader in saves at 739.
At 5’11”, 240lbs Gunnar has a unique style and in this podcast, we discuss tips for larger framed goalies.
We also discuss:
- How bigger goalies can take advantage of their large frame
- His training regiment to get ready for the PLL
- What he learned from John Galloway and Scott Rodgers
- His favorite goalie drills
- Why you have to go through struggles to build mental toughness
- How he breaks out of a slump
- Common errors he sees young goalies making
- And much more…
Gunnar Stick Setup
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.