Dallas Rattlers and Ex-Albany Stud Goalie JD Colarusso – LGR Podcast 36
JD Colarusso joins me on the podcast this week to share his story of becoming one of the game’s elite goalies.
Hear the story of how he ended up at the University of Albany where he was named a USILA most outstanding goalkeeper and 1st team All-American by USILA and Inside Lacrosse.
Colarusso started 37 games at Albany, earning an impressive 31-6 record in two years as a starter and anchored the UAlbany defense to Championship Weekend in 2018. Earn America East All-Conference Second Team and All-Tournament Team in his first year as starting goalkeeper (2017).
JD was drafted by the Dallas Rattlers in the first round of the 2018 MLL Supplemental Draft.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How he uses his smaller frame to dominate in goal
- How he managed splitting time with another goalie
- Why he choose Albany and his recruiting process
- How his style of play fits perfectly with Albany’s style
- What it’s like to fill the shoes of the great Blaze Riorden after he graduated and how he handled that pressure
- What he learned from the great Brett Queener
- How is goalie game evolved through the years
- How the weight room changed his game
- His advice to young goalies
- And much more…
Colarusso’s Stick Setup
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast