Team USA Goalie Jack Kelly – LGR Episode 55
Simply stated – Jack Kelly is one of the top goalies in our sport today.
Here are a few of his accolades:
- Won gold medal as member of 2018 U.S. team
- Kelly Award for Top Collegiate Goalie 2016
- Two-time USILA All-American (first team in 2016, honorable mention in 2015)
- First team All-Ivy (2015, 2016)
- First team All-New England (2015, 2016)
- Helped Brown to memorable final four run in 2016 when he led the country in saves (223) and save percentage (60.6)
- Holds Brown career record with 673 saves
- No. 57 overall pick in 2016 MLL Collegiate Draft
- MLL Goaltender of the Year (2017)
- MLL Rookie of the Year (2016)
- All-MLL (2017)
- Helped Denver win MLL championship in 2016, making 37 saves in the two playoff wins
- Joined PLL 2019
In the 2nd game of the World Games in Israel Jack suffered a knee injury but that didn’t stop him from leading the team. Something we discuss in this episode.
We also touch on the evolution of Jack Kelly’s goalie game and his mental approach to be an elite goalie.
One of the most decorated goalies, in this episode Jack Kelly shares his tips for focus and leadership and things he works on to get better in the crease.
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today