All-American Syracuse Goalie and NCAA Referee – Matt Palumb – LGR Episode 31
You may know the name Matt Palumb from officiating college lacrosse. Other may know him for his signature orange Syracuse football pants.
He won 3 national championships as Syracuse University’s starting lacrosse goalie. He earned All-America honors and universal praise as one of the best goalies of his generation. His teammates described him as “a big personality,” full of fast-twitch energy and emotion.
This week Matt Palumb joins me to discuss his history of becoming a great goalie.
In this chat with Matt Palumb, we hit on a number of great goalie topics including:
- How he got started playing goalie
- Who he learned the position from
- How he’s seen the goalie position morph since the 80’s
- The story of the Syracuse football pants
- Why he thinks goalies should get more protected
- How he coaches goalies
- His take on the dive becoming legal in the NCAA
- His approach to mental toughness
- And much more….
Weapons of Choice
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.