Crease King HS Goalie Michael Piotrowski – LGR Episode #68
In addition to the pro goalies I also love interviewing high school goalies to hear about what they’re going through and how they’re thinking about the position.
This week we’re interviewing Chicago based Michael Piotrowski (CreaseKing) to break down his goalie game and see if we can tease out some tips for all the goalies out there.
Mike is now a high school junior and started playing lacrosse in the 6th grade.
Mike has been lucky enough to receive top level coaching from D1 coaches around the country and on the show we breakdown how all that coaching as made him into the goalie he is today.
In this episode we touch on:
- His start in goalie
- How he learned the position
- His style of goalie play
- Something Scotty Rodgers taught him at a camp
- His tips for bigger goalies (Mike is 6’4″)
- The process for college recruiting
- His Corona virus goalie training regiment
- The strongest part of his goalie game
- Awesome tip for improving your highlight reel
- Which goalie he replicates the most in terms of style
- Plus much more…
Great conversation with this young man.