Crease King HS Goalie Michael Piotrowski – LGR Episode #68
In addition to the pro goalies I also love interviewing high school goalies to hear about what they’re going through and how they’re thinking about the position.
This week we’re interviewing Chicago based Michael Piotrowski (CreaseKing) to break down his goalie game and see if we can tease out some tips for all the goalies out there.
Mike is now a high school junior and started playing lacrosse in the 6th grade.
Mike has been lucky enough to receive top level coaching from D1 coaches around the country and on the show we breakdown how all that coaching as made him into the goalie he is today.
In this episode we touch on:
- His start in goalie
- How he learned the position
- His style of goalie play
- Something Scotty Rodgers taught him at a camp
- His tips for bigger goalies (Mike is 6’4″)
- The process for college recruiting
- His Corona virus goalie training regiment
- The strongest part of his goalie game
- Awesome tip for improving your highlight reel
- Which goalie he replicates the most in terms of style
- Plus much more…
Great conversation with this young man.
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.