Hand Eye Coordination with Arthur Leibowitz – LGR Podcast 22
By Coach Damon on October 22, 2018
Hand-eye coordination is one of those crucial skills that all lacrosse goalies need to develop.
This week we’re talking with Arthur Leibowitz from HandEyeCoaches on IG and Twitter. Last week I curated his top 30 hand-eye coordination drills in case you missed it.
Growing up Arthur was an ice hockey goalie. You’ll want to listen to his story of how he dedicated his training to vision and reaction training after making a dedication to be a better goalie and realizing hand eye vision training could give him the edge to be an All-Star goalie.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How he used vision training to improve his game and beat out a much stronger/bigger goalie
- Why its actually called eye-hand coordination and not the other way around
- Some uncommon methods for improving eye-hand coordination
- The important pencil pushup
- Whether athletes are born with great eye-hand coordination or whether it can be developed
- What % of training should be dedicated to
- How he develops eye-hand coordination drills
- Some hand-eye coordination drills everyone should be doing
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast