Hand Eye Coordination with Arthur Leibowitz – LGR Podcast 22
Hand-eye coordination is one of those crucial skills that all lacrosse goalies need to develop.
This week we’re talking with Arthur Leibowitz from HandEyeCoaches on IG and Twitter. Last week I curated his top 30 hand-eye coordination drills in case you missed it.
Growing up Arthur was an ice hockey goalie. You’ll want to listen to his story of how he dedicated his training to vision and reaction training after making a dedication to be a better goalie and realizing hand eye vision training could give him the edge to be an All-Star goalie.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How he used vision training to improve his game and beat out a much stronger/bigger goalie
- Why its actually called eye-hand coordination and not the other way around
- Some uncommon methods for improving eye-hand coordination
- The important pencil pushup
- Whether athletes are born with great eye-hand coordination or whether it can be developed
- What % of training should be dedicated to
- How he develops eye-hand coordination drills
- Some hand-eye coordination drills everyone should be doing
- The Lax Goalie Rat Camp – The premier online camp for coaching lacrosse goalies. Everything you need to learn this position and take your goalie to the next level physically, mentally, and technically.
Subscribe to the Lax Goalie Rat Podcast
Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
P.S. - Whenever you're ready, here are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Lax Goalie Rat Academy - The Lax Goalie Rat Academy is a premier membership program that gives you the tools and skillset to level up your goalie game. Technique, drills, mental game, lacrosse IQ and direct coaching from Coach Damon to turn your goalie into a leader and a confident save machine. Join 400+ goalies inside.
2. Lacrosse Goalie Super Mom/Dad - Some call lacrosse goalie the hardest position in sports. That's not true. It's the goalie Mom or Dad. I put together this course specially for the parents who know nothing about lacrosse but still want to help their son or daughter be the best they can be. Learn how to train them but more importantly learn how to support them on this emotional rollercoaster.
3. Promote yourself to 11,000+ subscribers by sponsoring my newsletter.